Sunday, July 1, 2007

Salsa Girl












Abby's new favorite food is salsa (mild of course)...and Ryan is very proud of her. This might be attributed to the fact that all I ate while pregnant was Mexican food, even though I had never been very fond of it before. I can put salsa in anything and she will eat it. The other day I made huevos rancheros for her (scrambled eggs with salsa on top) and she loved it! Every time I gave her a bite she would say: "mmmm". She is chewing really well now that she has 4 molars and is getting another cuspid.
She also painted her first piece of artwork. She is very girly and doesn't like to get dirty. At first she wanted me to wipe her fingers every time she got finger pain on her, so I showed her that it was ok to get her fingers dirty.
Yesterday Ryan and I were sitting outside on the swing while Abby played in her sandbox. I got a little distracted and as I looked over I noticed she had laid on the sand. You might be able to tell from the picture all the sand on her forehead. She even had it on her eyelashes, and of course all over her hair. I had to scrub for quite a while to get it all out, and of course she screamed her head off.
We also completed our swimming lessons this last week :( We had such a good time, we are definitely going to go swimming on our own until the pool closes.
Ryan went on a hiking trip today while Abby and I napped. I don't remember the name of the place, but as you can tell the place he went to was beautiful. I am sure it was even more amazing up close.
Unfortunately this last week I found out that our insurance will not cover my orthodontic expenses...grrrrr! This means that all the money we have saved up to go to Ecuador will now go towards braces :(....maybe some day! At least I will be able to get this done once and for all.
Not much else to tell. Hope all my US friends have a happy 4th!

No comments: